Bouwinvest believes it has a responsibility to make sure its investments meet sustainability criteria and that we operate in a responsible and ethical manner. We have always taken a long-term view and environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria play a significant role in our investment strategy. This is because we are convinced that sustainable and socially responsible investments and business operations play a key role in helping us to book stable returns from our real estate investments.
CSR highlights 2014
- Several success stories in building long term value through sustainable partnerships
- GRESB Green Star status for our three Dutch sector funds two years ahead of schedule
- Number of best performing 'green star' fund managers more than doubled over the past three years in our international portfolio
- CO2 emissions for the management organisation further reduced by 4.0% in 2014 (7.2% since 2012)
- First steps taken in the composition of a materiality matrix
- Active endorsement of our social responsibility in our hiring policy and through a partnership with HomePlan
Stakeholder engagement and communications
Bouwinvest believes that the best way to engage with its stakeholders is through open and transparent dialogue. It helps us to identify the material issues relevant to the Bouwinvest organisation and its funds and to find out what our stakeholders want and what they think is relevant. Identifying those issues in turn helps us to reduce costs, future-proof the organisation and ultimately create value for all our stakeholders.